April Boot Tour
Without you, none of this would ever have happened. We would like to invite you all to Guatemala to experience the early stages of our next chapter, get to experience the beauty Guatemala has to offer, understand more about where your investment goes and how you are helping to empower communities in an amazing way.
Day 1: Arrive in Antigua, Guatemala. Sunset, volcanoes, welcome dinner and drinks at Cafe Sky and Mezcal tasting at Cafe No Se.
- Hotel options: Hotel Santo Domingo,
Day 2: Good morning, colonial tour, boots and BBQ (Guatemalan style).
- Breakfast at Y Tu Pina Tambien, orientation, and walking tour of Antigua ruins, markets, and architecture.
- Lunch on your own.
- Afternoon, boot fitting and shoe making demonstration in Pastores and churrasco (BBQ) with the artisan team.
- Night: optional Salsa lessons or rest up for trip to Lake Atitlan.
Day 3: Lago, volcanoes, and relaxation.
- Morning shuttles to Lago Atitlan.
- Arrive at Laguna Lodge Eco-resort and Nature Reserve
- Nature hike and history of the lake and culture.
- Swimming, kayaking, and hammock-ing.
- Sunset tour of Lake, give offerings to Maximón, Mayan dinner in Santiago.
Day 4: Textiles, natural dyes, and farming.
- Lake Tour to Mayan villages
- Natural dyeing and weaving demonstrations by Cooperatives of San Juan de Laguna
- Find new beautiful textiles for your home!
- Farm tour and natural dyeing initiative.
- Kayak to San Pedro, yoga, healthy dinner, and get weird with backpackers.
Day 5: Free day
- Hiking volcanoes, relaxing, shopping, exploring: Have fun!
Day 6: Chichi to Antigua
- Pit stop at one of Guatemala's largest Artisan markets. Experience the ChiChi power!
- Back to Antigua for boot pick-up or textile drop off
- Coffee farm tour at Azotea
- :Thank you dinner and party in secret location.
Day 7: Home or onward to Semuc Champey
- Airport shuttles for the homeward bound
- Journey to Semuc Champey for more exploration (3 day extension)
- Pave your own way! Tikal, more antigua, deep sea fishing?
Itinerary is flexible and so much more is possible. This is a simple outline of the possibilities and a general idea. Please feel free to e-mail Travis@teysha.is with questions, ideas, concerns, or if you are ready to rock!
Hope you will join us someday on an adventure!