The Atardacer/Sunset textile is part of the Rayos del Sol initiative, in collaboration with our partner cooperative Batz Tejidos in Santiago Atitlan. We are working to open a new world custom-made-to-order textiles, rebozos, blankets, and weaver-powered goods.
Our cooperative partner, Batz (means threads) in Santiago is an incredible family-centered cooperative who has been a leader in their community for health, employment, cultural conservation, and beautiful textiles for generations.
It is our honor for Teysha to serve as a bridge for Batz to design alongside our team of artisans, creatives, and entrepreneurs.
The textile is:
- Made-to-order, taking about 3-4 weeks
- 100% Cotton with a soft, lightweight
- Traditionally woven on a backstrap loom by women
- Provides good warmth, and breathability
- Employs 4-6 women during the process of weaving
- Wash on cold, hand dry or on delicate for optimal care